Lauren and Andy | Portland, Oregon Fall Wedding

Lauren and Andy. Sigh. I can't believe my last couple of 2009 is married and I couldn't imagine a more perfect way to end the wedding season. One lovely Lauren marring one lovely Andy on a lovely November day. These two are so in love with each other words can't begin to describe. As Lauren so accurately said on her wedding day, "The gods are smiling on us." It was true... Sun was shining, she was beautiful, friends were helpful and Andy was charming. Never have I before seen a couple care so much for each other and their guests. Even I, as their wedding photographer, felt loved, fed and cared for.

Transportation has played a bit role in their relationship. Let me explain. They met on a cruise ship; Andy from England, Lauren from the US. They spent their dating days on the ship where which would seem all fine and dandy until... Lauren was transferred to another cruise ship when they became engaged. Hence, their engagement was spent on the road, in the air and out to sea. Are you getting my point yet? Having said that they decided to tie the very thing that kept them together or apart- transportation.

Lauren and Andy, Thank you for being so kind, loving people. Thank you for taking care of me on your wedding day when I was there to take care of you. Thank you for being stunning on the inside as well as the outside. I wish you all the travel and happiness one could want.



All the ladies got ready at The Nines


Love this ring shot. It's tied to Lauren's something blue which is in the bustle of her wedding dress.




The guys hanging in The Nines lobby




I really just can't stand how I love this image. The stripes match! They match! Need I say more?


And back to the girls.
















Can you tell I thought the bride was gogeous... cause she is!




The first look was done in the most private spot available, a room at The Nines.


During the first look Andy arrived with a gift for his beautiful bride... a diamond bracelet.












The Party. Hayyyyyyy.




Andy and Lauren were married at The Academy in Vancouver, WA.




This was the moment after the placed the rings on each others fingers.


LOVE.


I was blessed to have quite a bit of time with Lauren and Andy on their wedding day. I'm thrilled that was important to them- time for lots of photographs!









The reception was held at Wilf's in Union Station.


Lauren is the queen of DYI wedding details. Look how creative and cute this is!








A tear-filled toast from dad.










A huge shout out to Sara Gray who assisted me. She was amazing! Thanks, thanks, thanks Sara!

Big Smiles to 2009. Melissa Tomeoni with Soul Mates Photography.

 

4 comments:

Anne Nunn Photographers said...

those are stunning! LOVE the one of the groom by the photo. :) very very nice!

Melanie Whitaker Photographer said...

What an amazing wedding, great job!! You were inspired, and I can't wait to see what Sara posts...

Deyla Huss Photography said...

Giiiiiiirl!!! You did a Fabulous job on these! I love the sun flare shots and LOVE LOVE LOVE the shadow shot, my fave! Great job girl!

Brianna Phelan said...

Her dress is gorgeous, beautiful. Love the venue - very intimate and classy. Love the very first bride shot after she's all dressed. Beautiful shots!