Foto Friday | Fine Art Gallery

Inspiration is a tricky thing. It comes and goes and can be found in the most random of situations. It requires you to think, analyze, and record. Mine? It comes in the most random of times. I may be walking on the street, putting on my gym socks, looking in a vintage store, shopping in general, other artists, or online. Funny how life works, isn't it?

And as Lauren states below, these things "deserve to be up in a gallery"... or I would be happy if they are out in the world. Therefore, I have hand selected a few images from the past year or two that I would love to be up in people's homes. This gallery will only be on sale for 2 weeks. They would be perfect for holiday gifts for someone you love or yourself. If you want to check it out click here to visit the Inspiration Fine Art section on soulmatesphotoshop.com


The last wedding I just posted, Lauren and Andy, was extremely inspiring to not only me but to the clients as well. I asked her if I could re-post her email from her perspective on this image. Here is Lauren, the bride's perspective.

"He literally woke me up at some god-awful hour... to come see what he stumbled upon because he knew I would love it. And I did. We both do. Andy and I agree: this photograph looks like it should be in a gallery, not just a wedding photo album.

And the more I looked at it, the more I felt like it sort of "represented" us: we had a tough road to get to where we were on our wedding day with having to be apart for work reasons, "friends" that didn't support our decision to get married, etc., so the fact the we are illuminated by a ray of light on our wedding day is simply poignant and meaningful, and furthermore the fact our shadows are cast FORWARD instead of backward means to us that... while the past is there, from where we stood on our wedding day it meant, more importantly, that all of the future was ahead of us. We didn't need to look back, we could only look forward to see how amazing our life was going to be, what sort of people were are going to become together."



As you can imagine, that's one of the hugest compliments an artist can receive. To have someone inspired by their work.

Happy Friday and Big Smiles, Melissa Tomeoni with Soul Mates Photo.

 

8 comments:

Alexandra said...

Wow. As I told you before, the image is STUNNING .. but reading the bride's perspective makes it even better :)

Elizabeth said...

You have every right to be proud of the image, it is stunning in its own right. But with a compliment like that from the couple, you can burst with pride!

Jenni Carmon said...

The BEST and BIGGEST compliment I have heard! AWESOME!!

Cake & Co. said...

that is fantastic!

i and m photography said...

Melissa congrats!! That is such an awesome email to get. Your work truly amazes me always and words are always so sincere, keep doing what you love because you're amazing at it and you always inspire me!

-Maalaea

Deyla Huss Photography said...

Melissa! What a inspirational email from your bride & groom, what a feeling to capture an image such as this that means something so much deeper then what we had expected. You are talented, inspirational, and the sweetest as can be dear friend! Fabulous work!

Melissa w/ Soul Mates Photography said...

you guys are such sweeties. I know, that email totally made my week! thank YOU for all your inspiring words :)

Bunn Salarzon | Photographer said...

Now, that's what I call a compliment! Congrats!!!