Christy and Kirk | Portland Portraits

I'm a fan of Christy because she has red hair (among many other reasons). There is a underlying understanding redheads have between one another. Sort of like a secret club where we all have the password. A sisterhood really. I'm willing to bet we had similar nicknames in Jr. High and as well as other common problems such as wondering if a certain outfit would clash with our hair color. I know it deep down though the topic has never presented itself verbally.

I also found something I really relate to with Kirk– his birthday is on Christmas. My husband's birthday is the day after. I get this... I get that it's hard to figure out what to buy for one holiday yet alone two. I get that birthday wrapping paper is totally essential to identify a certain gift as a birthday and another as Christmas. I get that. I get the need to have a special distinction for those who are so lucky to have birthday and Christmas at the same time of year. I get it.

Christy and Kirk are a wonderful, fun-loving couple to photograph. Thanks for exploring downtown Portland with me, making me laugh, and for dressing so darn cute! I'm willing to bet they have many unspoken understandings between the two of them as husband and wife. Yay for updated cute pictures of the two of you.

And without further ado...here they are together.





I love this grungy one.


I love how these images came together. I can imagine these as a series on their wall at home.




The End!
Big Smiles, Melissa Tomeoni with Soul Mates Photography.
Portland, Oregon.

 

5 comments:

studio m said...

I heart Christy, too! Even though I don't have red hair. At least not on purpose or naturally ;)

Cute, cute, cute.

Jenni Carmon said...

Hands down, my favorite shoot you have ever shot!! Great work Melissa!

Mortgage Freedom and Financial Services, Inc. said...

Gorgeous and amazing as usual! Love them!

Deyla Huss said...

Look at them!! so cute!! beautiful job Melis!!!

Brianna Phelan said...

Gorgeous on sooo many levels. Amazing.