René and Eric | Married!

Beautiful day. Beautiful people. Beautiful love. If I had to sum up René and Eric's wedding day that's what I would say. As I said in their engagement post I've known Eric and René before they were Eric and René. It's almost harder to write about them because there is so much to say. I guess I can start with the simple fact that their love is pure and true. I can start by saying It's been a honor seeing them become husband and wife and It's a honor to call them my friends.

It was a hot summer day in Mt. Hood. And when I say hot, I mean hot. Thank goodness the girls decided to forgo the foot attire for the wedding. Fortunately for the guys they also ditched the jackets for the wedding (minus the groom). It was beautiful, clear, bright and sunny. Eric and René were just glowing. It truly was a day of friends, love and relaxed schedule– just as the bride and groom desired.

Venue: Mt Hood B&B



















This was taken during the couples' first look. I love first looks.








The girls...


The dudes...






One of my all times faves. I don't know what it is about those serious shots. Love 'em














Sisters of the Bride.


Off to the reception.


They cooled down their guests with a cocktail hour.


And then they joined the partyyyyyy!






The centerpieces were mixed berries picked from Sauvie Island.


And the dessert was pie because (and I quote the groom) "We are having pie cause, well, I don't like cake." 'nuf said.


And the party lasted long into the night.


The End!
Big Smiles! Melissa with Soul Mates Photography.

 

9 comments:

Jenni Carmon said...

Beautiful! Love the details. Love the mountain in the back, great job Melissa!!

Kim O'Neil said...

Awesome job, Melissa! What a beautiful venue. You captured their day beautifully.

Mindy said...

Melissa! I feel like I experienced the day all over again just looking at these photos! You captured some amazing sweetness. My favorite is Rene laying her head across Eric's lap in the meadow. Sigh...

You do stunning work.

Mindy
(Rene's sis)

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL. Really...
You captured much of the emotion.
I also felt like i relived the happiness!
Great work.
-Lauren
(Erics Youngest sis)

Deyla HUss Photography said...

Awesome awesome awesome job Melissa!! love every single thing about these shots!!! you captured them beautifully and their day looked amazing!!

Melanie Whitaker Photographer said...

I love the detail with the wood stove and boquet! BTW, I know exactly who catered that wedding, the are the best...I recognize their work :)

Erin Woolsey said...

aww such romantic fun! i love the field shots and then the details from the reception! makes me so hungry!! haha

ian and maalaea photography said...

These are so pretty!!!

Amy said...

hey melissa! your pics are beautiful! you're very talented. i guess oregon is the place for outdoorsy weddings with awesome views. i wanted that for my wedding, but there's not really anything like that in lancaster, ca and i didn't want to make everyone travel just for my view. lol it looks like you're living in a perfect spot for great wedding pics! ;O)