Teach and Shoot

I'm nervous. I check the shrimp... a little too frozen. I pop then in the microwave for a quick defrost. I go to check the rooms making sure the bed is made and Persay's toys are put away. Beep Beep. Shoot! The shrimp! Too warm... dang. Back in the fridge. I smooth my skirt as the first people arrive.

I don't know why I'm so nervous. This is no big deal, I tell myself over and over. You know these girls and you just rehearsed the entire evening out loud before Josh got got home. Non-the-less I'm nervous. Maybe it's because I hate public speaking. I secretly hope for 5 people max.

It's here... at least 12 pairs of eyes are all on me. And 12 x 2 = 24. 24 eyeballs a-looking at me! Scary. I start to talk and I'm nervous. I admit it. But once I got on a roll– I was on a roll. I taught the Click Chicks what I know about chatting with clients and photographing them for the 1st time. I convinced my super darling husband, Josh, to be our model for the evening. It was a urban shoot which started at my place and then ended on Alberta Street. A big thanks to all the ladies that came out for the evening! I admit... I ended up having a blast! I don't think Josh minded the attention either! HA.

Thanks for Deyla for these 1st few images of me teaching.


Fixing the pose.


Check out Amy's blog, Katie's blog, Maalea's Blog, and Angela's Blog. There are some really great shots from the session! And a few of them have me. Totally not planned... I got wrangled in!

And here's what I took during the teach and shoot...


I'm sure Josh was just in torture with all the ladies photographing him. I mean really, I'm sure it just ruined his ego :)






Katie getting lo lo lo low.






And that's a wrap! If anyone wants more info on teach and shoot session shoot me a email and we'll get rolling. A huge thanks to Josh for being our model! You were awesome.

Big Smiles! Melissa Tomeoni with Soul Mates Photography.

 

4 comments:

Amy Nieto said...

NO one can capture your man like you do, Melissa! Good job!

Meg said...

Melissa, you were totally awesome! Thanks again! Love the glasses shot.

Deyla Huss Photography said...

SO much fun sweets! You did such an amazing job! see you at lunch :)

ian and maalaea photography said...

I don't know why you were so nervous it did such a great job. Your photos are so lovely!