These are a few of my favorite things....

I was thinking about this earlier this week. I'm not sure what it was prompted by. Happiness, maybe. Chances are things that make me happy might make others happy too!

1. My new foundation. A few weeks ago in a client meeting someone asked me what type of makeup I would recommend for a wedding. I answered Origins because I love Origins and I use to wear Origins but I have since changed my mind. The thing that's great about Origins is it light and perfect for a summer day. The thing that's even better about my new favorite foundation by Estee Lauder is that is stays put FO-EV-ER. Which means I don't ever have to reapply. I happen to think this is amazing. Whenever I'm about to step out for the evening I glance in the mirror and I look the same as I did right after I applied my makeup in the morning! That, my friends, is something to be happy about and therefor makes it to the top of my favorite things like. Just in case you are out and about this weekend check it out. It's called Double Wear.... AND it's got SPF 10. Can't get any better.

2. Doggies. Gosh, they make me happy. The other day when Josh was out watching a Blazer game I looked at Persay and asked her what she wanted to do. We decided to run to our local Red Box (they should be on my list of favorites too!) and rented Bolt. Just for the two of us. I love dogs and I also love cartoons. Anyway, she actually watched the movie and I thought that was entertainment in itself. Persay makes it to my list. We are registered for the Doggie Dash on May 9th... the proceeds go to the Oregon Humane Society. Last year there were over 1,000 dogs alone. Persay was so excited she litterly threw up. Poor thing. If you want to join me I'll be there, 9am Saturday morning! Sign up here. I don't think I'll be feeding her before the race!

3. Being a girl. I love it! I love clothes, makeup (see item #1), I love sappy movies, I love being taken care of... I just like being a girl. I spent this past weekend at the beach with 15 or so other girls (women) who also own their own photography businesses. We have termed ourselves the Click Chicks– you might have heard me mention them before. It was a blast! I mean really, who wouldn't love talking shop till 3:30am, impromptu photo shoots on the beach and magazines galore? Speaking of girly I can't believe this weekend I get to be girly again! The Secret Boudoir sessions are here! I'm so excited... more girly stuff... lace, makeup, curls and gorgeous hotel room. I can't wait!

Here are some pictures and portraits from last weekend. Ladies, I love you all and can't wait till the next beach weekend!



Sara


The girls from the 1st night...


Sisters! Melanie and Missy.


Christy




Melanie


Deyla and Sara


Missy


Missy


Lorna




Girls in action.




Angela




Annie


Annie's hand :)


Deyla






Kim



Big Smiles! Melissa Tomeoni with Soul Mates Photography.

 

5 comments:

Sara said...

I love it! So much fun.

A Niko Productions said...

Cute Pics! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I really wish I could have been there :(

Dan & Annie said...

I LOVE those with the umbrellas. Great light! Great job!

Jen said...

Ohhhh so fun! I even like the one of me - something RARE. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first one with the light coming through the parasol! These are so fun - good times!

MsBunn.com said...

Great shots, Melissa! They are all awesome photos!