So long, farewell....

I'm a teensy bit stressed. We are leaving tonight for a few weeks and I haven't the slightest what to pack. I know I need the basics– shampoo, toothbrush, jammies, make-up– but what about my clothes? And I know I need my gear and that's the easy part. It's the clothes... I've never been there and I have no clue what to wear. Maybe I should start by looking at the weather report but that seems all too simple.

Packing for a trip must be equivalent to prepping for a photo shoot (.... from my clients perspective). What to wear... accessories... shoes, jackets. You only get one chance and you better make it a good one. No running home and grabing that adorable tank cause the sun just came out. Ugh. I wish Josh would pack for me... then again that might not be the best idea I've ever had ;)

We are headed out on a 1/2 work 1/2 vacation trip and I couldn't be more ready (minus the packing) or more excited! Tonight we fly to NYC and drive up the coast to the mysterious Madison, CT. I can't wait to photograph Sarah and Rob's wedding on the coast! YAY I love love and I love water. From there we're going to road trip up the coast reaching as far north as Rockport, MT only to turn back around and finish out the trip in NYC! Believe it or not I've never been the the East Coast so I'm super excited. Big Smiles.

All that to say I will not be answering emails until I return in June. Thanks in advance for being patient with me... And don't you worry. I'll be sure to post about it when I return, oooof cooooursssse.

Here's the map of our travels. I just got even more excited!


Big Smiles and Happy Memorial Day weekend!. Melissa Tomeoni with Soul Mates Photography.

 

2 comments:

Jen said...

OOOO... Yaay for Melissa on the East Coast... Ok so here's what I recommend for clothes - anything you can layer! Lol. Seriously. It's supposed to be nice this weekend but then I heard rain in Maine from Tues to Fri of next week. So some jeans, maybe a pair of capris or two. Short sleeves are a definite and a sweater or sweatshirt for at night. :-)

Too bad you're completely bypassing Western MA on this trip. :-) I think you'd enjoy taking pictures here as well as on the coast.

If you have questions or any suggestions for places to check out you can email me :-) jendeitz@hotmail.com

Melissa with Soul Mates Photography said...

Jen! You are so helpful!! I am just about to (finally) check the weather for the rest of our trip :) Thank you x10000!