Spotlight | Whitney with B.Design

I could gush about Whitney for hours. I really could. Whitney is my design guru for my makeover. That is, the Soul Mates Photo makeover. She's been working on my revamped logo and a whole bunch of business collateral. And... I swear we're like sisters. When we have work meetings they are always fun (well, at least I think so!) we're laughing and always on the same page. Love that.

I had Whitney answer some questions about her and her business... B.Design. Make sure you check out here website here and browse her blog here.



How did you come up with your business name? What's its meaning?

My company name started really just as a placeholder for a better, more creative name that I was hoping would come about. But the more collateral I created and the more I began to find out how much I really did love design, B.Design seemed so fitting. The B stands for the first letter of my last name, Bard, but also it can be read as “be design,” which is how I see it. Design is more than something I do for a job, I eat, breathe and sleep design…I am design.

What do you feel sets you apart from other designers?

A lot of designers these days have only an art school education, specifically focused in their career path, but I feel like that can limit someone’s creativity. I come from a long line of liberal education where the focus is on creative thinking, not just the technical aspects of design. This has defined my distinct style and allows me to think “outside” of how a traditional designer thinks; and people always love something that no one else has

Any fun-facts that we should really know that would contribute even more to your coolness?

I have a list of 17 really funny and cool facts about me on my blog, but I think the most defining fact is that I love horses, it’s my passion. I have been riding since I was 2, but haven’t been on a horse in almost 5 years and since my car accident almost 2 years ago I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to ride again. I miss it everyday and I am not the same person without a horse in my life.

What do you do for inspiration?

I have a huge collection of design magazines and a cabinet full of my favorite print design material that I’ve collected over the years. The first thing I do when I start a new design project is flip through the magazines and pull out the box of print material and start looking for inspiration. Sometimes it comes with a color that jumps out to me, sometimes its an element of a photograph, and sometimes its just typography that inspires me.


This is what Whitney will look like when you meet her! Always with a huge smile on her face :)

And of course we had to take some fun more carefree portraits...

Whitney, don't kill me for posting this! You just look too cute. For everyone else this grass was so tall you could literally hide in it.

I adore this shot.

These were SO fun! I loved these concrete circles. So glad Whitney let me have my way... he he.

Stay tuned for more on the Soul Mates Photo makeover. I can't wait to show you what's been going on :)

Big Smiles!Melissa Tomeoni with Soul Mates Photo.


 

3 comments:

deylahuss said...

BEautiful Meliisa! what a fun shoot, Ill check her Blog out! Where did you shoot the tall grass shots at? curious

Missy said...

I am looking forward to seeing what you two come up with!!

Joshua said...

Awesome! These looks fabulous, as usual!