Spotlight | Megan with Studio M

When you find someone or something you love, what do you do? You cherish it. You hold on to it and spread the word like wildfire. Megan is one of those people for me. Her creativeness just seems to ooze from her- in the cutest way ooze can be, of course. Because I'm always so inspired by her work I know others will be also. Megan's company has helped Soul Mates Photo in so many ways. She's designed Christmas cards and super chic albums that my clients l-o-v-e.

Here she is below with her Hubby, Bryce, and loving "puppy", Mandy.


I've had Megan answer a few Q's to get to know her a little better. Make sure you check out her new design site. Visit Studio M now.

How long have you been a Designer?
I started getting into design when I was 11 or 12. I had an art teacher who was an art director at an ad agency. He introduced me to design software and the idea that there were people out there doing this stuff full-time. Not much later, a mentor of mine knew I was interested in design so he put me on one of his logo jobs. I was hooked.

What did your wedding invite look like?
Our wedding invite was all black and white. It featured a illustration I did of the venue and the surrounding foothills. It was printed using a technique called ‘thermography’. Thermography requires a special powder to be added to the ink. Once the piece is printed it is heated up and the powder & ink combo cause the ink to raise. Many call it faux engraving. It’s very tactile and dramatic and worked well on all of the illustrations I had done with all the small lines and detail.

What do you do for inspiration?
There are so many fantastic creatives out there producing fabulous work. All I have to do to get fired up about whatever I’m working on is check out what everyone else is up to in the design world. I subscribe to many industry magazines and have a few favorite sites I regularly visit. There are also times where I have to get out of my chair and get out in the world to beat away the design blues.

P.S. Music helps, too. I have a playlist entitled ‘Workin’ Hard’ that always gets me moving....well, gets my mouse moving at least.


Brides- Listen up! Contact Megan for your wedding invites. She'll whip you up something so darling your guests will be talking about it for ages.

Here's a taste of her work... below: super cute invite.



Amy's invite.



A darling identity for a local coffee shop.


Thanks Megan!

Big Smiles, Melissa Tomeoni with Soul Mates Photography.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great designer- great work!

Erin said...

I've missed so much since I've been gone! Ohh so much fun! I love it all. Beautimas! I love that hot pink invite. I want one!