Shelby and Brandon | Married!

What a fun day! Last Sunday, Shelby and Brandon became man and wife. I truly believe this day was completely them. A few years ago they met at McMenamins' Kennedy School and have been together ever since. They decided to keep the tradition running and booked their wedding day at McMenamins' Edgefield this past Sunday afternoon. It was a truly unique day. They did something during their ceremony I had never seen done before- romance was written all over it. During their ceremony rather than lighting a unity candle they choose to write love letters to each other. They are saving them in a box accompanied by wine and wine flutes for their 5 year wedding anniversary. It's going to be so special for them to approach their 5th wedding anniversary and look forward to those words written as newlyweds. It's almost like a wedding time capsule for the soul- I wish I had done something like this on my wedding day. I loved it.

Brandon and Shelby, I had a wonderful time at your wedding! Thank you for inviting me to document your special day-- it was a blast! I wish you the best and I can't wait to hear how your 5 year anniversary goes! I'm just dying to know what was written in those letters to one another.

March 22, 2009 will be forever sealed with love for Shelby and Brandon.






















I just love this one! I believe some of the girls are helping Shelby with her shoes.


The girls...








I love this one of Shelby. It's just so bridal magazine.


Deep breath. Here comes the 1st look.








a tear on her cheek.








A favorite! Also very fashion-esque.


This just cracks me up.




I adore the attitude in this image. I just love it because it's so them.




The whole party.


I think it's safe to say they had fun!


















The End! Happy Friday!
Big Smiles. Melissa Tomeoni with Soul Mates Photography.

 

13 comments:

Jenni Carmon said...

I love them all!!

Sara said...

Don't you just love shooting at McMenamins? Looks like you had a great day for it - awesome job!

Embrace Life said...

That bridal magazine looking shot is awesome! Great work all around.

MsBunn.com said...

I love that shot of your favorite shot, too! It's awesome. It's like her tulle is fanning around her. :)

Rebecca said...

These are great! I love the bar photos with the boys and all the couple photos. Great work.

Brandi (Shelby's Sister) said...

Melissa~ So amazing!! Your style hits Brandon and Shelby right on the nail! Thank you so much for documenting this special day for my family (and for all your help too!)

Angela Lee said...

I really like the last shot where the couple is in focus and it looks like everyone is spinning around them. Its a great perspective shot. These are great shots!

Melissa with Soul Mates Photography said...

thanks so much you guys, you are all so sweet. i had a blast shooting this wedding :)

Missy said...

It's really cool to see a wedding from mcminnamins! These are so neat!

Deyla Huss said...

Guuuurrrrrlll You rocked these ofcourse, you absolutely rootenlutely did a fab job!

Erin Woolsey said...

oh la la!!! i love thier first glance or whatever you call it... i love the series and how happy and touched they were.

and i love this charity fund raiser then going on the trip?? that sounds fantastic. absolutely amazing :D how did you get invovled in this??

Kim said...

You did a fabulous job, Melissa! Love your blog as well! :) And, going to Peru! How awesome to be able to give back in that way. What a blessing!

KP said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE all these photos.

Melissa, I definitely think your greatest attribute as a photographer is that you know how to make everyone look beautiful. no matter what. i mean, all these people look so great, but you get the perfect angles and shots that really show off personalities, beauty, and how in love they are.

not to mention, i'm definitely going to steal their idea of the time capsule thing :)