E is for Ezrah

Introducing little Ezrah!

I love newborns because there's always an element of surprise. When I'm photographing a newborn I'm always on location in my clients' homes-- I love seeing clients' homes. Home is a place of peace and relaxation, a place where memories are made. The neat thing about "home" is that it's unique for everyone. Everyone has different chairs, walls, baby rooms, decor etc. And you know what- I love it! It keeps sessions interesting and it really helps incorporate a client's style into their portraits.

I was so excited to meet Ezrah and see Todd and Jessie again. Ezrah is Lauren's cousin which means they're about 6 months apart. The babies' mamas are sisters. I love that they were able to have kids so close together. I know their kids are going to spend hours with each other as they grow up laughing together, playing together, taking bubble baths together and carving pumpkins together. I could only hope for something as cool as what these growing families have!

Without further adieu.... Here's Ezrah!


Lovin' life.


I had a serious case of indecisiveness during the editing process. I can't decide which I like better- B and W or color.










I just love this one. It's so tender.




I really enjoy using elements to help people see how small their baby is. Check out Todd's hand in relation to Ezrah's body.


sleepy baby


This one makes me chuckle.


Jessie has an adorable "mom" necklace. I wonder where she got it.


A favorite! This is the couples' dresser.






Stunning in B and W.


Grandma painted Ezrah's nursery- lucky little guy! I think I'll have her stop on over to decorate when I have my 1st! She also did a great job on Lauren's nursery.


The Family. :)




I love newborns. They make me happy. Todd and Jessie- Thanks so much for welcoming me into your home and treating me like an old friend. I really hope to spend more time with you both! You guys were fabulous and I'm sure Ezrah slept the entire afternoon :)

Big Smiles! Melissa Tomeoni with Soul Mates Photography.

 

10 comments:

Jenni Carmon said...

I love the sleepy one and the one with Dad, awesome work Melissa!

Bethany Fegles Photography said...

What a sweet little guy! Amazing nursery too! Great shots. :)

Deyla Huss said...

Great job Melissa! Love these and I LOVE that dresser, holy cow, what a cool prop to use!

Mandi said...

Melissa, you did a WONDERFUL job... so adorable!!!

Angela Lee said...

I'm looking forward to doing newborn photos soon. These were great shots. And I love that table!!

Monica said...

Amazing, amazing, amazing!

Rebecca - A Niko Productions said...

I love the photos with daddy!

Erin Woolsey said...

These are so beautiful! That table is just a photographers dream, wow. I love them. So smooth and bright light. Great work deary!

Christabel said...

I am SO happy for you both!!!! What gorgeous photos! xoxoxo....

Love
Christabel

Reubs said...

dear Jessie and fam... just gorgeous... :)