Back to School...

...for the weekend, that is.

It's been a crazy week- crazy month. Where did Feb go? In can't believe it's nearing the end of February and I'm off to the Professional Photographers of Oregon conference for the long weekend. So excited to learn new things, ideas and meet new people. That to say, don't expect me to be blogging on the weekend.... oh wait. I rarely do :)

Anyway, I just wanted to share a few thinks that I find inspiration from...
Check out Nitsa's blog "Still Alive" I found her in the blog world; I have never met her but love her constant desire to try things different. She's inspiration to me and embodies thinking outside the box. Anyway Click Here!

Another resource that has helped me greatly is the book by Julia Cameron "The Artist Way." (Or just buy it here) You don't have to be a photographer to read it, just a creative or someone who desires to be more creative. It's packed full with creative "homework" to help you figure out how to explore your inner being. Sounds hokey- I know- but I loved it. One of the 1st things she has you do is to journal every morning. I've broken that cycle last year but picked it up again in Jan. I mix journaling with prayer and know I'm a better person for it. I can think more clearly throughout the day, I have more creative ideas, and I'm more driven to accomplish my stuff.... whatever that maybe. I'm totally sold on this time in my morning and now think it's the best way to not only start my morning, but live my life.

This photo was snapped with my iphone compliments of Josh. He loved seeing his "girls" spending time together in the morning. I'm journaling/praying and Persay is keeping watch for "friends" aka squirrels. PS She really likes her new collar. I'll have to post a pic soon.



Have a great weekend all! Let me know if you like that blog and book.

Big Smiles, Melissa Tomeoni with Soul Mates Photography.

 

2 comments:

Missy said...

Hi Melissa, how cute it your blog! Wow! So, I am going to put you on my photographers mailing list so that you can come hang out with a bunch of us one of these days if that is okay.

Mary Marantz said...

have fun!!