Homework Assignment: Be Crafty.

Tonight I raised my voice and yelled to Josh. "It's so nice to be creative while not sitting in front of the computer screen." And really, it is SO nice.

If you are a fellow photographer, 9-5er, writer, or Internet-er you know as well as I do about having the better part of your day in front of the screen of endless information, endless friends and endless shopping experiences. Speaking of Endless, have you ever been there? Endless.com. Ladies here is your warning; it's a "sole" lovers paradise. Wink, wink!

This is where I call all crafty people to stand at attention. I hesitate posting this entry because I want to take this idea and expand-- Christmas presents! Trust me, you can do this project. This weekend when you are twirling your thumbs I've got some homework for you. Follow the steps below:
1. Grab some scissors and black construction paper.
2. Pick your subject and have him/her look straight out so that you have a perfect view of their profile.
3. Cut away! I find it is easier to start from the back of the head. Remember this is fun. Don't worry about messing up-- after all, it's just construction paper.
4. Take a trip to your local craft/paper store to pick out corresponding papers.
5. Find frames. I chose to stick with the traditional oval shape but feel free to do whatever you chose.
6. Cut the corresponding paper to fit your frame. Using double sided tape attach the profile to the special paper and place it into the frame.
6. Viola! A new take on wall art.

Here's my family. Obviously this is not a do-it-yourself kind of project. It takes two, baby. You have to take turns shaping each others silhouette. Mine are going to be part of a larger wall photo collage I will post later this year. This is very exciting new in our household because it means we actually have pictures of ourselves-- imagine that!

If you do try this make sure you comment with a link to your photos!


Hopefully you can tell which is me and which is my husband!

Enjoy and have a great weekend! Melissa Tomeoni with Soul Mates Photography.

 

2 comments:

Julie said...

Cute! I love it. I'm gonna try that.

Melissa with Soul Mates Photography said...

julie, let me know how they turn out!