Creating Thoughts.

"don't forget that in the midst of all your pain and heartache, you are surrounded by beauty, the wonder of Creation, art, your music and culture, the sounds of laughter and love, or whispered hopes and celebrations, of new life and transformation, and reconciliation and forgiveness."

William P. Young, The Shack.


In the midst of huffing and puffing on the stairs in 24 hour fitness this sentence penetrated my heart. It's as far as I got my entire workout. I became lost in my thoughts. Regardless of all the heartache this world is going through currently and will continue to go through we are surrounded by beauty, by Creation. It's not that there is huge suffering in my life. I'm not in a crisis, or did I loose a loved one, but this thought, this idea penetrated my soul just the same.

I've been reading The Shack for a few weeks now. I love how it breaks expectations, pulls down barriers and forces you to leave your once preconceived ideas. I think it's so important to get out of the box you never even knew you were in.

I would recommend this book, in fact, you can borrow mine when I'm done! Thanks readers for listening to a little piece of my heart. Happy Wednesday! Listen for someone's "whispered hopes" today.

 

0 comments: