Succumbing to Peer Pressure...


Succumbing to the peer pressure of a personal blog post... Today I'm raising my glass to the first personal blog posting EVER. Maybe they will continue, but maybe you'll just have to keep logging on to find out...

Alright, here goes nothing...

Last Friday I scrambled around to #1. pack up my clothes and #2. pack up my dog's stuff cause unfortunately she can't pack for herself #3. finish work and #4. get out of Portland by 3pm to pick up my husband who works in Tualatin. Well, at 3:30 I finally jump into my car and head to the freeway. Packed, just plain-- jam packed. It's as if I'm back in so cal at, really, anytime of the day. I finally get to Tualatin at 5pm, pick up the hubby, and we're off. Finally! We're going out of town to celebrate a good friends birthday by spending the weekend camping.

Now Portlanders... listen up... I'm going to tell you a great camping spot that's about an hour and a half from PDX which makes it an easy weekend getaway AND it's secluded and apparently not that many know about it (if the lady I met at the campsite knew I was telling you she would not be very happy). It's just plain amazing! It's called Humbug Campground in the Willamette National Forest and it's just five miles past Detroit Lake. If you do make it to Humbug try and stay in #14 or #15 they both back to the river and have a personal path right down to it. Don't let the name fool you... It's super. Oh, and if your stressed out I'm convinced a weekend of camping is JUST what the doctor ordered. Check it out...

My better half and partner in crime. Also, please excuse the hair-- it's camping.


PS. Meet Persay. She's our furry, four-legged child. It was her very 1st camping trip, and since I can speak on her behalf she had a great time :)


Melissa Tomeoni with Soul Mates Photography.

 

1 comments:

Becky said...

Love the personal side! Your new website & blog look great. I'm glad we got a chance to hang out at PPO in Bend :)

Becky

inbetween.bagdanoffphoto.com